Autumn is traditionally harvest time, so… What are you harvesting? Here in New England, apples are ripe and red on the trees, grapes are being plucked for wine or jam, while pumpkins and squash sit brightly colored in the fields. In other parts of our country, wheat has been harvested by large combines and corn is being gathered from the fields. Having planted the seeds in spring and cultivated their crops with care, the growers are now reaping the rewards of their sustained efforts.
On a personal level, what are you harvesting? Yes, physically, you may be growing cucumbers to make pickles; however, what about the ever-important mental harvest? What if last spring we had started planting seeds… of positivity, of looking up, of gratitude, hope, abundance, and joy? If we planted those seeds and cultivated our thoughts with loving care, by now we could be reaping the fruits of our thoughts, our energy, our labors. We could be living in abundance, peace, joy, and love.
We all know that thoughts create things… when we have chronic negative thoughts, we end up living in negative experiences because that is where our energy is. When we choose to consciously shift into positive thought, AND SUSTAIN IT… then we have the ability to create a world of positive energy… leading to positive results. Remember Henry Ford’s saying? “You think you can, you think you can’t… either way, you are right.” Think “YOU CAN”.
If maintaining positive thoughts is challenging for you, here are a few tips to help you to harvest positive results:
- Focus on what you want. Really TRUST that you will get what you want. Like a farmer that knows that when they plant pumpkin seeds, with the right care, they will get pumpkins.
- Nurture your thoughts. Spend time each day thinking about the reasons you want something and get into the feeling of what it would be like to have it. . Like watering and fertilizing the seeds.
- Catch yourself when the negative creeps in. Many negative thoughts are persistent and need to be instantly shifted. Weeds have to be pulled by the root or they destroy the crop.
- Give yourself time. It takes time to create a pattern of positive thought. In time, it will become your normal attitude. Apples take all season to ripen. Plucked early, they are sour and dry.
- Be grateful for what you have. Gratitude is the brightest sunshine you can bring to your thoughts. Successful farmers are grateful for the right amounts of rain, sun, and calm winds.
Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction. . . break the habit. . .talk about the joys instead.
Hold onto the good that you have, change the things you want to, and let go of what no longer serves you. Harvest the good crops, keep planting new seeds, and get rid of those weeds.
If you need extra help harvesting positive thoughts, attend an insightful Success Seminar, or call for a personal consulatation. I am always ready to help you achieve your goals.
Positive thoughts generate positive feelings and attract positive life experiences.